If you follow us on Twitter, Instagram or just in real life (Lauren’s convinced there’s someone living in our loft – is this you?!) then you will no doubt have heard us harping on about the fact that we’ve been shortlisted in this year’s Style Blogger Awards with Company magazine!
This is a huge, HUGE, H U G E compliment and we’re really grateful to everyone who nominated us as the Best Blogging Duo. We’re up against some fantastic other bloggers and don’t expect to win at all, but we would still love for you to vote for us if you think we deserve it!
While you should of course base your voting decision on which blog you think is the best, we’ve decided that it can’t hurt to up our chances with some good old fashion X Factor-inspired reasoning. Here we present to you our:
5 sob story reasons to vote for Stylingo as Best Blogging Duo
1. I’ve tried a dress on in Primark, only to find I’m unable to get it back off over my big man-shoulders and so have been trapped in the dress for a good ten minutes while I attempt to claw my way out of it … not once, but TWICE.
2. Lauren was recently hoping nobody had really noticed her skin during a bad eczema episode, only to have a homeless man yell “WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR FACE?!” at her in the middle of a large crowd.
3. I failed my driving test not once, not twice, not even three times… but SEVEN times. I had one instructor simply say “Don’t ring me for lessons anymore”.
4. You know how you’re meant to ‘mind the gap’ when getting on a train? Lauren failed to do this once and her shoe fell down the gap. She had to walk around with one ballet pump for the rest of her journey.
5. When I was 7 I drew a dog’s face on a balloon and called my new dog Sheba. My sister then played rounders and used Sheba as the ball – Sheba popped and I cried for about 8 hours.
There… are your heartstrings thoroughly tugged at? If so, or if you just happen to like our blog, then PLEASE feel free to vote for us by clicking on our badge at the top or here. You can find us in the 4th category along, and be sure to cast your votes for all of your other favourite bloggers too! A huge THANK YOU if you do vote or have voted already, we love you very much and would butt-bump each and every one of you if we could.
Merci and goodnight.