1. This gingham playsuit. After resisting for a while, I’m finally ready to accept the gingham trend. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate the ging’ – I was just miffed because I had approx a million gingham items in my wardrobe from (old OOTD alert!) a couple of summers ago that I only got rid of recently because I thought it wasn’t coming back. And now it bloody has. Luckily, this playsuit will be a cheap and cheerful way for me to bring it back into the ‘drobe.
2. This Aperol Spritz flavoured lip balm. I’m not usually one for novelty things like this but considering I crave an aperol spritz approximately seven times per day, I think this is going to be a must-have for my desk to get me through long afternoons at work in the summer when I would rather be in a beer garden.
3. These ‘Snooze’ slider slippers. Mainly for the Instagrammability, I’ll admit; but I could also do with a summer alternative to my Ugg slippers.
4. This vest midi dress. A Primark basic that I’m sure will be super useful as a transitional piece – I like the thought of layering this over a white tee and teaming with Converse.
5. The Flash Photo Powder. I haven’t tried much Primark makeup since it first launched, but this blue-pigmented powder sounds all sorts of intriguing. Will it help me look flawless in photos? Or just leave me looking like a smurf? Watch this space, chicas.
6. These tassle earrings. Big earrings are back, and my 19-year-old self is BUZZING about it. I used to where earrings so big that my lobes were practically pulled to my shoulders, but this time around I think I’ll be happy with some simple but sassy tassles like these.
7. This bronze raincoat. I don’t have any fezzies booked this year (still accepting last-minute invitations if anyone wants to whisk me to see The Weeknd at Wireless though), but if I did then I would definitely be taking this jazzy waterproof number. Of course, living in the UK we’re always at risk of a sudden drizzle, so I might still pick it up.
8. This watermelon inflatable. Finally, we can all fulfill our dreams of nailing that Instagram holiday shot without having to fork out upwards of £50 for a pool inflatable. I haven’t seen these in my local store yet, but apparently Primark are stocking pool floats in watermelon, doughnut, swan and FLAMINGO shapes for around £5/£10. Thank you, Primark gods, thank you.
These are my current must-haves from Primark, but have you picked anything good up recently? Let me know in the comments!