Yep it’s that time again – I’ve scoured the Primark New Arrivals section so you don’t have to. It’s good to see a lot of new summer stuff still coming in, because I for one am nowhere near done building my summer ‘drobe yet. I’m not off on holiday until September, so I’m still in the midst of my hunt for swimwear, beach cover ups and evening outfits (all a size smaller, as I’m obviously going to have lost a stone by then too, natch). I ignored the worrying selection of wooly hats that are appearing in stores this month – leave it out Primark – and picked my favourite pieces that you should be able to find in your local store.
1 & 2. These one-piece swimsuits. I really like one-pieces for holidays – not only are they on trend, but they mean you can totally swerve doing abs at the gym. Red and white are also two colours I’m really enjoying at the moment, so both of these are winners for me. However I do have one question: what’s the protocol for wearing one of those location-themed swimsuits when you’re not actually in that place? I can’t work out if it’s cringier to wear this in Miami or not in Miami – and if you do have to be in the place to wear the swimsuit, can I cross this slogan out and write ‘Santorini’ in Tippex?
3. This bardot maxi. I can already envisage approximately 12 occasions that this dress would be perfect for in the summer. Bbq? Check. Pub garden? Check. Work when you want to look summery but don’t want the resident office pervert looking at your legs? Check. Talk about versatility.
4. This tassled studded crop top. As I’ve only mentioned, oh 20 or so times, I’m not going to any festivals this year
(why won’t someone take me, GOD). But if I was, I think this would be perfect teamed with denim shorts and trainers.
5. This denim frill dress. I’m completely obsessed with frill detailing at the moment, so this simple denim-look number is calling out to me. It would be cute on it’s own with wedges, or layered over a white tee with trainers.
6. This embroidery bardot dress. This tropical embroidery vibe just screams holiday, and I think it would actually be immoral for me to get on the plane in September without it. The hunt in Primark Coventry is ON.
7. This backpack. Although I admire many from afar, I still don’t actually own a backpack. However, this one could definitely help me to finally take the plunge. I love the colour combined with the minimalist detailing, and I think it would be another perfect piece for holiday. Going hands-free with your bag = more hands to hold ice creams and cocktails. Winner.
These are my current must-haves from Primark, but have you picked anything good up recently? Let me know in the comments!