Merry Saturday everyone! Let’s take a moment to enjoy that picture.
Yesterday we were hugely flattered to hear that we’d been nominated for the Sunshine Award by the lovely Charlotte over at Looks2BLoved – which, by the way, is one of our favourite blogs and one which you should definitely check out for a bangin’ mix of beauty, fashion and lifestyle. The Sunshine Award, if you don’t know, is a lovely blogger-to-blogger award that’s given to blogs you think are positive, creative and inspiring. Aw, shucks!
Here are the rules, shamelessly stolen from Charlotte:
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers you feel deserve this award
- Write 11 questions for them to answer in their award post
- Let your 11 bloggers know you have nominated them
So, to begin, here are:
11 Facts About Us
- Lauren and I have been friends for 4 years after meeting at uni
- I have a degree in English Literature, while Lauren has hers in English Literature with Creative Writing. This is basically the only difference in our lives, and we cling to it.
- 6 months after graduating, we reunited and now both live and work together.
- Lauren’s originally from South Africa.
- I have at least 6-8 cups of tea a day.
- Lauren is naturally ginger and used to look like the orphan Annie as a child.
- One of my main hobbies is Googling pictures of puppies.
- We both have size 4 feet (in case you ever want to buy us shoes).
- It took me 8 attempts to pass my driving test. Ha.
- We’ve recently ordered a door mat for our new house that reads ‘This Is A House of Learned Doctors’. Well done if you get the reference.
- I’m terrible at thinking of facts.
And here are my answers to the questions set by Charlotte:
- Do you have a favourite makeup/cosmetic brand and if so, which one and why?
WAH, what a difficult question! I wouldn’t say that I have an all-time favourite brand as I find that most brands excel in some products while being WUBBISH in others. Sleek is a firm favourite at the moment as I haven’t been disappointed with anything I’ve had from them, Barry M is my lifelong nail varnish love, and Seventeen is the brand that I’ve most changed my mind about recently (for the better, FYI) – so those would be my top 3 right this very second.
- Is there a particular fashion style that inspires you?
I don’t think this counts as a style but I like very groomed looks. Like, you know how Mary Kate Olsen always look scruffy and wears oversized things and looks like she’s maybe stolen clothes from a homeless man? I like things that are NOT like that.
- If I were to open your wardrobe, what would be the predominant colour I would see?
I’m an extremely neutral girl; if you were to glance in my wardrobe you would see hella loads of black, grey, white and cream. This is something I’m definitely hoping to change, but I just don’t feel that many colours suit me.
- Have you ever owned a shell suit and if so, why, just why?!
My dad’s from Liverpool so I’m actually pretty surprised to say that I was never made to wear a full on shell suit. I HAVE, however, had my fair share of tracksuits. My favourite ever was a pale blue velour one when I was about 11; I thought I looked the shit, and to be honest I would still wear it now. Don’t judge me.
- Christmas Eve or New Years Eve?
I’m ready for a barrage of abuse, but… I’m not really a big fan of Christmas or New Year. If I had to choose one then I prefer Christmas Eve because at least it’s vaguely exciting thinking of all the food you’re going to get the next day, whereas NYE is just the biggest anti-climactic waste of a day ever.
- What colour/s is your bedroom?
Unsurprisingly considering my clothing preferences, my bedroom is – wait for it – CREAM! We actually live in a rented house, but even if I had the choice I would probably still choose this. My carpets are also cream and my furniture is all white.
- How many lip products do you have in your handbag right now?
I’ve just had a look and I currently have five! They’re an Anatomicals lip balm, a Collection lipgloss, a MAC lipstick, a Revlon Lip Butter and my latest Rimmel Apocalips. You just never know what shade you’re going to want, do you?!
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
I’m pretty boring and would like to stay in the UK, maybe somewhere by the seaside. However, holiday homes in Paris, New York and Miami would be simply splendid.
- If you could only wear one pair of shoes for the rest of your life, what style would they be?
If this is in a magical world where I am some sort of super woman, then I would like to always be in platform heels. In the real world though, I would spend most of my time on my arse if I did this, and would end up rolling everywhere – so unfortunately I would probably have to wear loafers, forever, even to the gym.
- Is your glass half full or half empty?
IT’S COMPLETELY EMPTY BECAUSE I’M DRUNK, BITCHES. This is of course a joke (but will probably be true later). I think I’m definitely a half-full sort of girl; life’s too short to go around being a Negative Nancy all the time. Plus, worrying gives you wrinkles.
- Do you have a celebrity crush and if so, on whom?
Jon Snow (as in character from Game of Thrones, NOT Channel 4 news presenter).
- Which trends are you loving this A/W?
- …And which are you hating?
- Do you have any beauty bad habits?
- If you were a man, how would you dress?
- What do you think of tattoos and piercings?
- Who do you think is the best dressed celebrity?
- Would you rather never be able to brush your hair or never be able to wear makeup?
- What makeup essentials are in your evening clutch bag?
- If you could go back in time and give your younger self a makeup tip, what would it be?
- Ideal heel height?
- What’s been your biggest fashion faux pas?
We’ll be letting the people that we tag know via Twitter, so keep your eyes peeled!